SketchUp is a game changer. This is the first project we’ve made where the core amount of work is fabricated off site. Having correct measurements to size everything appropriately is critical. Also being able to see what are specific camera, lens and sensor see allows us to solve problems before they’re physical, saving a lot of time and money.
We used to make it, get it wrong, and repeat that about 3 times until it works. Now we can adjust the digital model. Nightmare problems like lining up the performer’s ladder in the tea house with the top stage are now much easier to visualize. Special thanks to our Roger Williams University Graduate Assistant Chris Kunkle for helping us fabricate the model.